BEWARE OF BLOG

Tuesday 21 February 2012

down to earth

Hi everyone! In the waning days of winter, at least on the south coast of BC, I really start looking forward to the promise of spring and a chance to enjoy a lazy afternoon overlooking the sea and the coast range. Recently I have gotten some frightening news about a family member that was in a major car accident. The details of which at the time I do not know much. I am aware however that he was the victim of a drunk driver. As a person that struggled with alcohol addiction for many years I understand the inability for a person to make sane decisions when they are intoxicated. I can only ask from the bottom of my heart for those of you who do consume alcohol to arrange for your transportation before you start drinking. I made the mistake way to many times of making it easy for myself to drive when I shouldn't have. How many times have you done the same? Alcohol is an extremely dangerous drug, disabling your ability to make rational decisions, while at the same time giving you a sense of immortality. Not a safe combination when you are behind the wheel. The only answer for some of us is to give it up all together. If you think you could be in this group don't worry, there's many of us out there that share alot of your fears and problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment