BEWARE OF BLOG

Friday 29 June 2012

"change" for the better

Hello everyone! This morning I had one of those ideas that I want to throw out there and see if you and I can make work. The first thing I want you to do is take a look at your food budget. I am sure almost all of you know roughly what you spend on food per month, this is probably the one place where we all try to go as cheap as possible and will forgo our health and wellness for the sake of saving a few bucks alas I do not wish to go off on a rant about my views on nutrition for the sake of this idea. I am going to create a new facebook page, where we can document our local spending. My goal, a rather lofty one, is to re-invest 1.2 million dollars into our local economy (Comox Valley) in one year. All that is needed for this project is the dedication of 1000 Comox Valley residents to spend $100 of their monthly grocery budget at local suppliers or farms and of course farmers markets. You can also include the purchase of locally crafted soaps, candles, art and music as these are often purchased in the context of a big box store. The page will be called The Comox Valley $100 Challenge, membership is free, the only requirement for joining is that you stick with it and help us raise 1.2 million for local growers and artisans. The page can also be used as a forum for discussion on local accessibilty of produce in season and how shopping local has changed your life for the better. Lets do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment