BEWARE OF BLOG

Wednesday 19 October 2011

episode 2: why the 90's?

Once again I find myself stuck in the 90'S. Something about the music of the time that renders me unable to expand my library to anything new. I recently purchased the 20th anniversry edition of Nevermind, the Black album and Badmotorfinger. The price of a CD is much lower than what they used to be! Most of the video I watch on Youtube is concert footage or videos from bands that were popular back then. Today I downloaded most of the Temple of the Dog album from Gtunes for free, that was a great find as it is one of the best of the era. Once and a while I will listen to the radio, alot of the new mainstream stuff sounds like Nickleback and many of the lyrics are about getting loaded and are egotistical, actually that lyric issue seems to cover the whole spectrum from pop to country, dance and rap. I am glad to see bands like Pearl Jam are still writing songs with some lyrical meaning instead of mindless crap meant to please the masses. It's funny because I am finally starting to realize that my youth has passed me by. Don't get me wrong, I still have alot of time on the clock and probably feel better mentally and physically than ever before. The thing is as we age we have to work alot harder at maintaining our body and soul. This is where we get back to the music. The song of my youth is always playing inside my mind, this is what keeps my soul young. The music motivates me to push myself when I excersize. So maybe I am stuck in the 90's. That's alright with me. What's that smell? Teen Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment