BEWARE OF BLOG

Wednesday 9 November 2011

episode 6: ruts

Greetings y'all! I would like to thank all of you for participating in Eyes Wide Open, as the page recently surpassed 100 views! Seventy-three of which were myself but hey, a milestone is a milestone no matter how it is achieved. This week I put a call out for topics of discussion. Epic fail comes to mind. So instead of writing anything substantial or even mildly entertaining I will continue on with something off the bottom of my boot. You ever feel like you are stuck in a rut? Ya, me too. It kinda sucks your motivation eh? The worst part is you think about it constantly, like a black cloud over your head. People can tell to, which doesn't help much unless of course they are also in a rut at the same time and you have something in common to moan and whine about. I think it is important to share your problems with people in like situations as yourself. You will often be surprised at how some common ground will help you to start climbing out of the hole that you have dug. First of all you must realize that you have put yourself in the situation. Blame stops right there. I also find that some physical excersize works wonders, something about the endorphins that are released helps you wake up and see your problems in a different light. How do you release you woes? Well, for those of you who go to church, you know this answer. For the rest of us this is where it can get tricky. Many of us have grown up outside of religion. We have been taught scientificly, but not spiritually. We may lack a belief in god or even some force beyond our imagination, an unseen creator that cannot be explained merely on scientific terms alone. Some of us might even think that we are god, able to control things and beings, morphing
them into our view of what the world, and our lives should be. When things do not work out as we
planned, we begin to dig ourselfs back down into the rut. A downward spiral that can take a person the wrong way in a hurry. It is imperative, in my opinion, that as human beings we have a strong spiritual belief as well as a good education. Spirituallity teaches you humility. Humility helps you let go. It is not easy, it works. So, next time I feel a little bummed out or unmotivated I can shake those feelings by going on a hike to my favourite spot, or taking the kids to the park, or settling down to a good movie on a cold winters' night, but before I do I will give thanks

2 comments:

  1. Ruts suck. I fortunately haven't felt like I have been in one for quite sometime. It helps that I feel that I have control in my life over uncontrollable urges. That has alleviated the frustration and helplessness. Plus I constantly listen to funny podcasts at work that help to remove me and allow me to just plug away and laugh. Life is for the living, don't sweat the small stuff, and if you don't like it, CHANGE IT. SHABOOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I forgot, you can select somewhere to not count your page views in the counter. I remember when I hit 100. It was cool, but I just rolled 1K, holly crap.

    ReplyDelete