BEWARE OF BLOG

Monday 14 November 2011

recipe 1: lasagna, part two

Once again, a malfunction in the tech department has me all messed up so, please read part one first...carrying on now with the cheese filling. Also add some more garlic to this, one or two crushed cloves, salt and pepper of course, mix it all up, toss in the fridge and move on to the cheese topping. For this I use a mixture of mostly mozzarella, then marble cheddar and finally parmesean, add to the cheese some more garlic, salt and pepper and some whole fresh basil leaves. Now we can build our masterpiece. I preffer to use the ready to use type of noodle, but feel free to use whatever. In a Large casserole alternate meat sauce, noodle, cheese filling, etc until you run out of building material. Top it all with off the cheese topping and place in the oven @ 400f for about 45 minutes, cooking times will vary depending on your appliance. Keep an eye on it, it is done when the cheese is nice and golden. I usually place a cookie sheet on the bottom rack to catch any spill over. Once it is cooked remove from oven and let rest for ten minutes, this will help it set up a bit. I like to serve this with a fresh loaf of french bread and some seasoned butter. I hope you enjoy this variation of a classic dish that has so many faces. Try the recipe and let me know how it turned out. Stay tuned for a secret ceasar salad recipe, I just need to go home and make it so I can give some semi accurate measures as it can be a tricky one!

No comments:

Post a Comment